Tuesday 15 October 2013

The Team



I admit it.  There are some jobs in my business I’m just not good at. There are also other jobs I just plain don’t like doing.  

A Virtual Assistant usually works in a solo role but there is absolutely no reason why a Virtual Assistant can’t use a team of people to get the work done.  Let me explain.

I know next to nothing about web maintenance and uploads.  Some of my clients need this service from me, but, I know if I took it on it would take me a long time to do, (cos I’m not good at it) and I would probably make costly mistakes and end up having to fix them.  A VA colleaugue of mine is a wiz at these types of jobs and loves doing them.  Instead I sub-contract the work to her.  It’s a win situation all round.  She does a perfect job every time.  I don’t have to do the thing I’m not good at.  The client is happy because they got a complete service and because my colleague  gives me a really good rate for giving her this work she didn’t have to go out and find herself,  I’m happy, as I make a small margin on the difference between my friends rate and the rate I charge my client.

Many of my clients come to me because I offer a complete service.  Whatever the administrative chore they would like taken off their hands, I can assist them.  It pays to have a “team” of professionals I can refer to for those jobs which are on the outer edges of my experience.  

Consider assembling a “team“ for yourself and your clients.  I love this quote by Henry Ford which sums things up nicely… 


"Coming together is a beginning.  Keeping together is progress.  Working together is success."  ~Henry Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment